Thursday, October 15, 2009

wow!

so i recently read this book about this guy who asked God to use him and provide for him and every time God did, he was faithful and loving every time. so this morning i had asked God to help me talk to somebody about him today. i got to school and i was really excited about it but by third period i didn't believe it would happen. i just couldn't find a good opportunity in a class or at lunch. i kind of gave up by seventh period and decided i would try again tomorrow. then when i was watching the tennis matches after school my bag had fallen and my bible slipped out. this guy and girl saw it. the girl had pointed it out and asked me why i brought it to school. and this brought on conversation. it wasn't the most elaborate conversation but the guy and i talked for about fifteen minutes. as the conversation started i totally went back to my prayer this morning and realized how foolish i was to not trust that God would provide. eric talked about that yesterday, "if you can't trust God with everything, then you can't trust people with anything." when i went home i thought about how many things i trust myself with more than i trust God. boy am i dumb. but God really is perfect and for the first time in a long time i felt God in my life and believed that he can conquer all. he is an amazing and perfect God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment