Monday, August 3, 2009

it could be stripped away..

so i was playing tennis today, trying to figure out why i'm still playing at this day. i started playing tennis when i was in first grade because i was jealous that my sister got to go to tennis every sunday and i didn't. most kids that i played with at that age are on to different things they love. God gave me this talent so i could worship him and i use it to show off. why do i waste such a thing like that. i could worship God every time i play but instead i use it to pride myself up. God could take this ability away from me any second with a blink of an eye and i take it for granite. i could get in a car crash and lose a limb. i could break my arm and it not heal right and never  be able to play again. God can let just about anything happen that would make me never be able to play tennis again. when i realized that i realized that i should be playing tennis to worship God and give him all the glory. i think if i start doing that i would be so much happier when i play because i then will know i am playing for the right reasons. i'm no longer playing to win, i'm not playing to get another valley championship. i am playing to worship God with the talent he gave me, because i can lose it at any second and i would have wasted an ability to show God's love through my actions on myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment