Tuesday, August 11, 2009

distance can't break true friendship

one of my friends wrote this quote on my wall after she and i had a conversation about how i'm really bummed about how so many of my good friends are starting to leave for college, to start the rest of their lives. me, being the debbie downer i am, was telling her how i will never be as good of friends with this people again. as soon as they get in their cars and leave for college our friendships will go down hill from there. i was telling her how it's not necessarily a bad thing because i know God has a plan for everything and i am friends with these people for a reason. i told this friend how i can specifically tell you why one of the people leaving for college is my friend. in all reality if it weren't for this person i would be a complete wreck and that's why i know God has a plan. i pretty much was preparing myself for the worst, which i am pretty sure the worst is going to come concerning these friendships. but then when i got this quote i became hopeful. i have something to hope for. now part of me now believes that distance really can't break true friendship. it's the first hope i've had in a while concerning this matter. i'm still really sad about everyone leaving, but i now have hope that i won't lose my friends. and hope is what need.

No comments:

Post a Comment